Saturday 16 May 2020

Ten Quotes By Ravi Zacharias

Last year when I heard the that Ravi Zacharias' International Ministry (RZIM) team will be on my campus for a tour, I was so glad. It has always been my desire to sit in a live event were Ravi is speaking. Ravi didn't come along with Michael Ramsden (the Current President of RZIM) and the rest of the team. Nevertheless, it was a memorable experience for me.

I could literally hear Ravi's voice and thoughts when Michael was speaking during the public lecture at the University Auditorium and the rest of the sessions.

My interest in Church History and Christian Apologetics started when I was in primary school. I spent most of my time with a family friend who was a Catholic Seminarian, I read most of the books in his library (even though I didn't understand some). I came across Ravi, CS Lewis and Fulton Sheen during that period.

Michael Ramsden wrote this few days ago after his visit to the Zacharias, "Only our Lord knows how much time Ravi-ji has, but it appears the time for him to be with the Lord he loved to serve is drawing near".

Ravi has been down with cancer, he was discharged from the hospital some days back. Today, I want to share with you ten of his quotes that have blessed me so much:

1. We have a right to believe whatever we want, but not everything we believe is right.

2. Sometimes we have the false sense that God is so far away is because that is where we have put him. We have kept him at a distance, and then when we are in need and call on him in prayer, we wonder where he is. He is exactly where we left him.

3. It is easier to hide behind philosophical arguments, heavily footnoted for effect, than it is to admit our hurts, our confusions, our loves, and our passions in the marketplace of life's heartfelt transactions.

4. If God is the author of life, there must be a script.

5. Only when holiness and worship meet can evil be conquered. For that, only the Christian message has the answer.

6. The first and foremost reality is that suffering and death are not only enemies of life, but a means of reminding us of life's twin realities, love and hate.

7. Sometimes in the shadows of one’s self lie the problems, and in the shadows of one’s shaping lie the answers.

8. Beginning well is a momentary thing; finishing well is a lifelong thing.

9. Let your devotional life be the beacon that guides you through the tough terrain you will face.

10. Faith is a thing of the mind. If you do not believe that God is in control and has formed you for a purpose, then you will flounder on the high seas of purposelessness, drowning in the currents and drifting further into nothingness.

Can man live without God? 
Ravi has spent his life time answering a lot of tough questions in defence to God and his kingdom. I'm grateful for who he is and I'm also grateful to whose he is. 

#ThankYouRavi

Do you know Ravi? 
Share with me any of his quotes in the comment box. 


No comments:

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.