Thursday 28 February 2019

2019 Goals || Books and Me!

Hey! Happy New Month😍!

It's 60 days in 2019 already! Today is also the first day of my birth month; (Hey! Mark 25th March on your calendars, 😃). One of my goals this year is to study smartly. I'm currently reading Michelle Obama's "Becoming" and it is my 6th read for the year.

I'll be sharing with us the first five books I read this year. I also recommend that you get them and read.

1. "Becoming Like Jesus" by Gbile Akanni.
A friend sent in this book to me during the Yuletide. Gbile in this short treaty of discipleship mirrors several years of carefully built convictions of God's ultimate goal for mankind. Since Satan has blackmailed the way of the cross and made it unpopular in our day. This book teaches that neither true prosperity nor abundant life is available for any man under the rule of "natural self life".
"... Let him deny himself; and take up his cross and follow me"


2. "The Journey to your Vision" by Gbile Akanni.
In this book - this was also sent to me during the Yuletide by a friend - Gbile draws a detail reflection from the "Plots, Pits, Prison and Palace" story of the biblical "Mr Joseph Jacob". God's principles that will separate and lift you up out of the valley of despair and the frustration of unfulfilled life-dream to the mountain of joyous fulfilment of destiny are stated therein.

3. "The Price, Plights and Perils of the Anointed" by Gbile Akanni.
The anointing is the one and only ingredient which every minister of the Gospel patiently waits to receive from God. In this book, Gbile reflects on certain things that will guide you through your ministerial journey; since the anointing attracts Heaven, men and hell to anyone who dares to pursue it. Reflections in the book are drawn from the highlights, testimonies and stories of biblical characters like Peter, Samuel, David, Judas... Men whose life bears credence to the wounds, agonies and triumph of the anointed.

4. "Shake Well Before Use" by Samuel Shittu.
I was at a Minister's Leadership Retreat last year when this book was released and thousand of copies were sold out in less than 72 hours. I was able to get copy on the first day of last month.
Samuel Shittu is a Christian missionary based in Ghana. In his autobiography, he shares the faith inspiring testimony of the grace of God upon his life, family and ministry. The erstwhile magician supplies what is often the missing link in several revivals that couldn't stand the test of time. In his failures, Shittu has brought a "ladder for us to climb in our pursuit for God".

5. "What God looks for in a Vessel" by Gbile Akanni.
You must be wondering who 'Gbile Akanni' is. Just read to the end and find out.
While reading this books I had to go on my kneels severally asking God for mercy. Gbile has proved scripturally in this book and beyond every shadow of doubt that God doesn't usher men to leadership position because of human criteria or through "emergency sanctification", but a good heart.
When men think Eliab is the king, God is still in search for David!
This book calls us out of shoddiness and superficiality, into seriousness and depth of character.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I recommend that you find a space for these books on your booklist. The words within these books have caused me to continually look at my life and make amends.
You can get this books at Living Seed.
Nevertheless, don't allow spiritual books replace the place of the Bible!!!!


 Erhmmm...! Before I forget, Who is Gbile Akanni?
--------------
Gbile Akanni is a teacher of God's words.

 He runs several ministerial trainings combined with itinerant preaching. He is deeply committed to Discipleship and Leadership Development.

He resides at Gboko in Benue State, Nigeria with his wife- Sade, and four children.

------------------
PS: I'm doing a giveaway on the blog this month (my birthday month); I'll be giving out e-books (including Michelle's Becoming) to anybody that shows interest at the comment box!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one bro.more grace.

Johnstone Kpilaakaa said...

Amen!
Thanks for reading!

ofon said...

I couldn't stop once I started reading "Shake Well Before Use!" I must digest it several times and own the intents of the autobiography. I tag it "The Christian Companion." Whatever you need to gain from a Christian experience, in all its simplicity and sincerity, are wrapped up in that book. If you've never read it, do yourself that favour. It's for believers and unbelievers alike. God bless Pastor Shittu for sharing!

Johnstone Kpilaakaa said...

Absolutely!
Ofon, thanks for sharing.

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.