Wednesday 25 March 2020

Reflections: Now That I Am Twenty Years Old

Hello Beloved,
I hope this finds you well, we are in a pandemonium; it's quite a strange season in the history of our beloved planet but I urge you to keep faith/hope alive and take cover as well.

Yeah! I'm twenty years old, the 25th March was twentieth birthday; I'm really overwhelmed by the love that was shown me by you, friends and family. This blog is an appreciation to you for believing in me and that which God has called me to do.

The eve of my birthday threw me into sober reflections, I kept pondering on how the past years of my life has been; my mistakes, goals I achieved and those I've been unable to achieve. Nevertheless, during the last minutes of yesterday, God took me back to my story that got me so emotional.
Your Worship is first a Fragrance then it turns to Fire in the hands of the Father… This is how battles are won! See Revelations 8:1-5
In March 1998, Pope John Paul II was in Nigeria for the beatification of Blessed Iwene Tansi, my mum was one of the pilgrims. She had given birth to a daughter 15 years ago, she and her daughter (my sister) really felt they needed someone to make the fire place complete (three stones), during one of the Papal Masses in Abuja, Pope John Paul II asked every pilgrim to bring before God their petitions; I was one of the petitions.
My mum was somewhere in this crowd

Fast forward to 25 March 2000, a nurse wrapped me in white swaddling clothes and gave my mum (exactly as she saw it in the visions of the Lord) but before she wrapped me something happened in the labour room. My mum was 'pushing' me out, suddenly the doctors discovered that the umbilical cord was around my neck (could that be royalty?), the only option that will save my life was a surgery. If not, the umbilical cord will strangle me to death if my mum continues to push. The surgery was successful! That's why I can even type this letter.

A little one shall become a thousand, and the small one a thousand, Yahweh, will do this on its time. - God


God is faithful to me! My birth is a story of faith, hope and love. I've been on earth for two decades now and it's really a huge journey, everyday I get to learn, unlearn and relearn as regards the clarity to what I was created for.

I spent the last hours of my 19 years listening to Apostle Joshua Selman's sermon titled: The Three Most Important Things. And I've decided to prioritize the important and not frivolities. As I begin my third decade, I'll pay attention to:


  • My relationship with God
  • My relationship with my family and friends 
  • My purpose
When all is said and done, only the above really matters. In this new year, I have decided to turn away from frivolities.

We were born looking like our parents but we will die looking like our decisions. - Apostle Joshua Selman

Hey! Thank you for been there. In this my new year, I'll be sharing most of my experiences drawn from the ordinaries of everyday life with God's touch.

PS:
 Do I look older than 20? I'd to explain to a lot of people yesterday, you can confirm via +234 9030567482😉 

The pictures I used here (apart from the one with Pope) are from a photoshoot I'd on Tuesday, courtesy of someone who has hidden his/her identity. I really want to say thank you; please tell me who you are😕. 

Kind regards,
Johnstone.
25.03.2020, The Annunciation.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...so touching ..thank God for your life

Tongjal, W. N. said...

May your desires for the third decade of your be-ing not be cut short.
Though it is hard to believe that you're 20, I rest every opposition. For what will my argument change about a testimony I've seen, for at least the third time?
Stay blessed brother! Happy stay in thy Saviour's hands!

Unknown said...

You're indeed destined for greatness. Keep souring. The Lord is your strength.

Unknown said...

Keep pushing brother. God's speed!

Unknown said...

The Lord is your strength johnstone

Agbo Agnes ochefije said...

You are indeed great keep pushing till u become a joy to many generations

Dorcas said...

Thank God you survived the surgery, otherwise, our generation would've not met a life transformer. Keep soaring and impacting the world, Sir.

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.