Tuesday 12 May 2020

Imagine Your Life Without Procrastination

Tuesday was the day I scheduled to visit Fr Edward at the presbytery's sick bay. I'm the type of person that gets bored staying at home but still feels lazy to go out.

Fr Edward has played a huge role in my formation from the junior seminary up to my philosophical and theological studies. He is an erudite scholar a great preacher and a Canon Lawyer. Until the doctors found out that he had cancer, he was an assistant Professor of Contextual Theology at the Pontifical University in Rome. 

The tumor around his sacrum has been responding to chemotherapy, meanwhile the area where the cancer metastasized became worst per second. The oncologist said, he has done all he could and the condition seems to be a rare one.

All we could do as brother Priests was to continually offer our prayers for him and pray that God heals him or grant him a happy death; Fr Edward was the most vibrant priest in our community.

Tuesday morning and evening came but I couldn't go to the sick bay to check on him and administer sacraments to him as I planned. I woke up early in the morning on Wednesday, immediately after my lauds, I rushed to the sick bay. While at the entrance I couldn't under why all the nurses were looking cold, I knew something was wrong.

I ran into his ward only to learn that he went back to the Lord few minutes ago. The nun that was taking care of Fr Edward told me that he was asking after me yesterday. She tried reaching me but my phone was switched off because of the power outage at the presbytery on Wednesday. What have I done to myself? Imagine if I didn't procrastinate; what did he want to tell me?

Imagine my life without procrastination, I would have spent the last hours of his life with him. I would have served him the Eucharist. After that experience, I made up my mind not just to keep to my words, but to resist procrastination at all cost.

Some tips for overcoming procrastination include:
1. Eliminating distractions. 
2. Make a list. 
3. Break down your routines.
4. Acknowledge God in your plans. 

No comments:

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.