Thursday 20 December 2018

Rueful: If Only I Could Rewrite My Wrongs

As I grow everyday as a disciple of Jesus Christ, I learn, relearn and unlearn a lot. Sadly, the unlearning comes with a lot of regrets seeing how ignorance can take you far away from God's purpose and principles.

Let me share a little story about my secondary school days and me, I was a very hot tempered person; hence I could flog my juniors as a means of correction but I never knew that I was still struggling with the grip of the "Flesh" in my life. They were days I could jump the school fence; which was an act of disobedience. Ignorance made it such that I didn't know that all of that werev the schemes of the devil trying to steal and destroy me. Most a times because of how hard the ignorance possessed me I could sum my actions up in two words "School Life".
Truly, Heavens doesn't know such thing as school life. Sin is Sin!

Is 2 years since I left secondary school and anytime I sit to ponder on the hypocrite I was, I see reasons to be grateful for the Cross; that brought redemption. You also can take a bold step to place your past at the foot of the cross, you might not rewrite your past; people you offended might even insult you but surely God has forgiven and forgotten about it.

2018 has come to an end, it doesn't matter what you did or you didn't do; God is inviting you to lay aside every weight, deny YOURSELF, take up the cross and follow Him.

Mistakes if not well utilised can kill; Judas Iscariot couldn't rewrite his wrong and he forgot of redemption; amid his relationship with Christ for three years, all he could do was kill himself.

Are you regretting all those mistakes you made? Cast all your cares on God!

Your future is pregnant; you choose either to abort or deliver it successfully, which ever way is your choice but if you ask me, I'll say "don't abort it".

Replace all your wasted years with fruitful living. Our God is a restorer. As you sit back and reflect on the years you've wasted; it is obvious that time won't reverse but your tomorrow is Virgin; you can choose to make her a foolish or wise virgin.

Happy Christmas from all of us at the blog.


Share with us in the comment box what 2018 taught you, I'll publish your lessons subsequently.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.