Friday 12 June 2020

While We Wait

All of us have been in one or more waiting periods. Currently, everyone is looking forward to when the world will reopen and activities will return to normal.

Often times, we miss out on the privileges that come with the waiting period. Patience is one of the core fruits we need to imbibe in such seasons but we must know that we need to have a good attitude while waiting.

Waiting has a posture!

Before the COVID-19 lockdown, I applied for a number of fellowships (in media and journalism) and I found myself always going to my mails to refresh and see if I've been accepted or rejected😂. But I made a decision to get my hands on something while I'm waiting for their replies. 

Most times, when you have a lot of free time you tend to procrastinate. So, are you waiting for job, an admission... just anything.
Don't sit idle! Do something!

It could be spending more time with God, studying, learning a skill, reflecting on your purpose. Just do something!

When Jesus went to pray with three of His disciples in the garden; He asked them to WAIT when he went further to pray. 

Unfortunately, Peter and his brothers took the wrong waiting posture; they were sleeping! Jesus had to protest when he came around.

Don't sleep amidst your waiting periods! It's a core part of the next level of your life. It's like the gap between your stimulus and the response.

Get busy! Get to know yourself more.
Don't give up!

Stay safe, Johnstone.


PS: What do you do while waiting? Share with me in the comment section. 

1 comment:

Chimaobi said...

Eat, build my mind(read) and I listen to audio messages from my mentors

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.