Sunday 9 February 2020

Dupe's Blog: Four Years of Helping Others Get Found

"Follow who sabi road!" A few years ago I started my blog; the incidence was very accidental. My blog wasn't having a specific purpose, I was just publishing anything; I didn't even know what having a niche was.

 I stumbled on Dupe's Blog when I decided to check out Christian Bloggers in Nigeria and I started following her on the blog and via social media handles. I started gaining clarity as to what my blog was meant for. How my blog got clarity through her will be a complete blog post😁.
You can hardly arrive any destination without a physical reference. - Apostle Joshua Selman 
Today, Dupe's Blog is Four years old; I tagged it 'Four Years of Helping Others Get Found", because am just one out of the many that got clarity through Dr Mo'. As part of activities to celebrate Dupe's Blog at Four ... I'd an exclusive interview with the Founder and Lead Blogger, Sarah Modupe Olomola.


Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy the conversation.



Hello Ma'am, can we meet you? 

My name is Sarah Modupe Olomola. 
I'm a Child of God, a blogger (Dupe's blog) and a Veterinary Medical Student. 



What/Who inspired Dupe's Blog? 

Dupe's Blog was inspired by the Holy Spirit. I was in a season of my life where I didn't have a close relationship with the Holy Spirit but a burden just came upon my heart to create a blog. I didn't know then, where the burden came from, but now, I know. 
I didn't even know what a blog was. I just knew God had put a lot in me and I wanted a space online where I could share all of this with people. 
The two most important core values of my blog are, Solace and Inspiration. These are the words that God put in my heart 4 years ago when Dupe's blog was about to be birthed and ever since, it's been a beautiful journey.


What/Who inspires your blog posts? 

Every blog post is inspired by my passion to share with the world of the amazing things I know and learn. 
My primary inspiration is God and secondary is everything He has created; humans, trees, cups, plates, Nations, anything on earth can inspire a blog post in me, even things out of this world (laughs😁) .


What has been the place of prayer in the growth of Dupe's Blog? 

Prayer plays a huge role in my blog growth because I currently reside in a place where blogging is not really a big thing so, relying on normal routes to get traffic and reach the world will leave me nowhere. 
I don't just plan and prepare blog posts, I pray for my blog. When I look at my blog stats, I know it is God, amplifying my voice and He's not even started yet. 

As someone who was once lost, now found and helping others get found, how was your salvation experience like? 

Wow! My salvation experience. That's an entire blog post. But in summary, I've always been a Christian, I was born Christian but at some point in my life, God just captured my heart and I had to rededicate my life to Him. 


What's your advice to those who are still in search of purpose? 

To everyone who is lost, I'd like you to know that there is a path. The path you're seeking exists, you just need to be led. 
To everyone in search of purpose, I'd say, don't stop searching please. Your purpose and assignment is connected to so many people. Giving up will be letting them down. 
Find your purpose by finding your manufacturer (creator), He alone knows the full description of your assignment. 

To budding Christian Bloggers like myself, what should be our pursuit? Traffic? 

I still consider myself a budding Christian blogger too because I'm not even a step out of the cave yet, compared to where God is taking the blog. But I'll say this, the pursuit of traffic is the beginning of unalignment.
If you rely on what your stats or google analytics is saying, you will just go astray. 
Your pursuit should always be a closer relationship with the Father. He's the one you've been called to represent so you must constantly listen to Him. 
When you do this, traffic will come. It's not an "if" It's a "when".

How do you manage your time as a Christian, Blogger, Vet Student, Entrepreneur and many more? 

Everytime I'm asked this question, I always do not know what answer to give because sincerely, I'm not even sure how I go about it. But one thing I know is that when God calls you to something, He supplies the needed Grace. 
This is not to say that I don't have challenges and breakdowns sometimes but God always has me. 
Also, I plan a lot! I'm always working in my head, planning, organizing and making mental notes. These help me stay ahead of my days. 

Who is/are your favourite blog(s) and blogger(s)? 

I have quite a number of them but I'll share 3
- laurenprezzano.com
- Ifegrace.com
- Iamyeychi.com

Please, share with us your favourite quotes? 

If not us, who? If not now, when?
 - John F. Kenedy

Knowing your life purpose is the first step toward living a truly conscious life. A life purpose provides us with a clear goal, a set finish line that you truly want to reach.
 - Simon Foster


When you find your WHY, you don't hit snooze no more! You find a way to make it happen! 
- Eric Thomas

God doesn't want to hear our mouths if our hearts are not connected to it. 
- Joyce Meyer

When you go to spend time with God and you don't hear anything, sit there. You get points for being there. 
- Joyce Meyer

But if I say I’ll never mention the Lord or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can’t do it!
 - The Bible

The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.
 - The Bible 

You can be as close to God as you want to be. It just depends on how much time you're willing to put into it. 
- Joyce Meyer


The Anointing does not make the difference, the anointing is the difference.
 - Apostle Joshua Selman

Thanks for sharing your story with us, happy 'blogversary'❤️

Visit her blog via Lifestyle by Mo'

No comments:

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.