Friday 24 May 2019

It's Not Over Yet!



Few years back there was a time I felt I was depressed. I wasn't given the course of my choice to study and I felt I had disappointed myself, my parents and siblings. sometimes I cried about it, I thought a lot and most times when I'm being asked the customary "how are you?" I reply with the customary "I'm fine and you?" Funny but not funny because most of us if not all are doing this. Deep down we know all is not well. We want to talk to someone but nobody is available let's not forget that Christ is always available.

During those times, one thing I remember is ,I didn't think the solution to whatever I was going through was death. No, not at all. I wanted to do something different so I got involved in extra curricular activities to get my head cleared up. I wanted to stop wallowing in self pity and I must say it did work for me. You need to discover what works for you. Certainly, not SUICIDE!

What ever is happening to you right now doesn't mean its the end of life. There's still a whole lot more to be accomplished by you. Look at the positive side.
Is any among you troubled? Let him pray! -James 5:13a. 


Though we are in a generation were we have different social media handles, where we can post filtered pictures of ourselves, hide our feelings from one another, please can we just pour it all out to God?  Talk to Him! He'll listen for sure. Hear Him! Open up your bibles.
Lost a job, no house rent, failed an exam, no money, a relationship didn't work out, people saying awful things about you, frustration, etc?  Just to let you know they are obstacles that would be cleared up soon.
House rent paid up.. Job gotten..  Disappointment turns to appointment.. Failure becomes success and so much more!
Failures are deferred success. - Johnstone Kpilaakaa
If only we can look up and see the light at the end of the tunnel.



Yeah, I know it's not that easy but let's take a look at the actions of St Peter, the Apostle, the one who denied Jesus three times and Judas Iscariot, the one who betrayed Jesus with a kiss. This is why Peter is different from Judas, He didn't commit suicide like Judas did. Peter didn't hang himself!

Luke 22 v 54 - 60 (Peter went out and wept bitterly)
Matthew 27 v 3 - 5 ( Judas repented and returned the money but he did not forgive himself)

Let's imagine if Peter had killed himself, where would the church be today? Remember, Christ had told him, " you are Peter  meaning rock and on this rock I'll build my church"  he was up for something great so everything would have shattered if he took his life.

You are up for something great!  You need to have life to accomplish the many things God has set for you.

We are all fighting different battles.  What makes I and you differ is how we come out of them.
It'll cross our minds that no one loves us, no one cares but let's know this,
" For God so loved the world( I and you)  that He gave His only Son that who so ever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life"
God loves us! God loves you!!
To those who are strong enough, Romans 15 v 1 - 3 says "¹ We who are strong in the faith ought to help the weak to carry their burdens. We should not please ourselves. ²Instead, we should all please or brothers for their own good, in order to build them up in the faith. ³For Christ did not please himself. Instead, as the scriptures says, "The insults which are hurled at you have fallen on me." "

"My helping hand to the needy world is empty unless love is the motive." - John C. Maxwell

Blessings,
Okoko Patricia Amina.
Makurdi, Nigeria.

No comments:

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.