Friday 26 October 2018

Heed to God's Voice



Sometime ago I had an experience and I'll like to share it with you this weekend.

I was at a youth Bible fellowship class somewhere in Africa. After we read the anchor scripture for the study; it'll interest you to know that the Holy Spirit immediately ministered to me about what to share during the cooperate exegesis.

While others were still pondering, I could remember God saying, "Speak On" but I resisted His voice. Suddenly, the Bible study coordinator called me out saying,"... Speak on, I know you have something to share", I replied her with a "No"!. Ooops! I lied.

Immediately I lied by saying I had nothing to share, one of us stood up and shared exactly what the Holy Spirit laid in my heart.

 You might be asking why I didn't speak! Somehow, I disbelieved myself and timidity overshadowed me. No wonder the Bible said,
,'... Our fathers resisted God in the wilderness'.

Oftentimes, like Jeremiah, God instructs us and we make statements like,'I'm only a youth' or like brother Jonah, we run away from the assignment. Before we were born, God designed us for a purpose, because of that; He has given us a Spirit of power and self control.

From my experience, I saw that when I couldn't answer the call, I was immediately replaced. That reminds us of the story of Elijah when God asked him to go and anoint someone to replace him, since he ran from his responsibilities.

" If we are faithless, God remains faithful- for he cannot deny himself"( Cf 2 Timothy 2:13).



You have the ability to resist the Holy Spirit but I advice that you shouldn't because unlike my situation, that action can cost you a lot.

Remember for every word God gives to you as an instruction, He has it mind that; He's working all things for our good.

Are you in the darkest moment of your life? I believe is time for you to turn to your Helper (The Holy Spirit) and trust Him that He blesses you even in the darkness.



Don't resist the  Holy Spirit!

Don't quench the Holy Spirit!

Keep your faith alive.



My friend completed an application form with the words of Paul, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'. I wished I actually got the revelation of this ten but powerful words.



When you trust God you don't need to understand!

No comments:

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.