Thursday 10 January 2019

Blessed in the Darkness!



•Weeping may endure for the night but Joy comes in the morning. ( Ps 30 v 5)
•and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. (Gen 1 v 4b - 5)

Notice it wasn't all night and it wasn't all day. Sometime for day and sometime for night. That means sometime for light and sometime for darkness.
 Just like Ecclesiastes chapter 3 tells us,
To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven 

The last few months of 2018 I was engulfed in darkness. Everything to me was on pause. It was like a transition from one dark moment to another. It was like when light was becoming visible everything turned dark again. I prayed, cried and thought a lot (meditation that took another turn). There was a time I  felt God was silent and I actually did ask God why. Why all these?  Why allow us face these times?  People, to the best of my knowledge, who believe in you, why let them go through this phase?  My friend always said "We've passed this phase but we still have to go through it."

My friend Mr Onyeulor Paul Uzoma has this to share on being blessed in dark moments.
"Blessed in Dark Moments 
I've been in Moments where I ask myself, is this God's will? Is this what I bargained for? Just like my Dad would say and I paraphrase, "your life cannot all be happy moments, there must be a pause.", the question now is in those moments when life seems to pause, in moments so devastating that life makes no meaning, are you blessed despite that situation?
The one thing I've always believed in is that everything happens for a reason. As a believer, we believe in what St. Paul meant when he said in Romans 8:28,
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
We believe that in the darkest of situations, God is there putting things in place for your good..."


Even Jesus asked why! (Matt 27 v 46b) but one thing I know is Jesus went through all that for the Salvation of mankind. For Victory, the Son of Man underwent suffering. He suffered too! It wasn't all rosy. He went through dark moments.

Through these few months I've become stronger, I learned and still learning from the experiences. It's more like God preparing for me something great and these hurdles were necessary to strengthen me for what is coming.
Dark moments are necessary times we have to go through. It may not be in our plan but God's plan over rules.
The plans He has for us are that of good not of evil. So whatever you going through right now, is your mum , dad, sibling, friend or someone you care about ill? Did you fail an examination? Are you ill?  Do you feel sad? Do you think God's silent? Do you think your healing is slow?
  Chill friend, blessings are coming your way. Be calm Everything will fall into place.  Christ is very much aware. The desired healing, success etc will happen.

I actually did feel I probably won't come out of them but hey currently I can see light at the end of the tunnel and it's brighter than ever. There's a blessing coming!

~Miss Okoko Patricia Amina writes from Makurdi, Benue. 






 All bible texts are NKJV Hope you're blessed by this post.  Do share with us your experiences in the comment box . We'd love to hear from you. A prosperous 2019 Friends from us at the blog

No comments:

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.