Sunday 26 January 2020

Get Wisdom

Happy New Year😍
How has been the past 26 days of the year?
Thank you for staying in touch with me on the blog even during the holidays.

I believe that this year we been a fascinating time as I will continue my reflections from the ordinaries of every day life.

Last year left me with a whole lot of memories, especially memories made out of my mistakes. Disobedience is one of the top things on my 'not to do list' this year.

My first reflection of the year is on wisdom; I spent most part of the last days of 2019 and the first weeks in 2020 reflecting on Proverbs 24, in this blog post I'll be sharing how you and I can get Wisdom (as drawn from my reflections).

For any man to remain relevant in his purpose and community, he needs the wisdom that comes from God. What's the wisdom of God?

According to John Piper, "Divine wisdom is the perfect factual knowledge and the perfect situational insight and the omnipotent resolve that together will succeed in achieving his intended, righteous goals."

Wisdom is a means to a goal! You might have set out goals for the new year; Infact you've already started pursuing some but I just want you to pause and ask yourself; on whose wisdom am I running to achieve this goals?

" The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom"; ignorance is very dangerous and oftentimes we tend to pursue for wisdom ignorantly.

In a very few steps I'll be sharing how to get Wisdom:

1.  Get Wisdom via a Consistent Prayer Life

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. (James 1:5)
Spending time with God in the place of prayer is a key step in getting wisdom. Your communication with God has to be fresh and consistent.

2. Pursue wisdom in the word of God

The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul;the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. (Psalm 19:7)


The Word was in the beginning! You can't find true wisdom when you ignore the Word.

Read Also:Habits to Develop While Relating With The Scriptures

3. Pursue wisdom from the ordinaries of everyday life

Spend time listening to the voice of silence, God can speak through various media but you need to pay attention to hear him speak.
"Go to the ant, O sluggard consider her ways, and be wise. (Proverbs 6:6)"

4. Get Wisdom from walking with the wise.

Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise. (Proverbs 13:20).
 It's true that you can get victory out of wise guidance.

We've spent 25 days out of the 365 days we have. And I want to encourage you to spend time with the Holy Spirit in prayer, the word, the speakings of nature and strategic relationships.

In this year, become a fool to 'your wisdom' and learn of the Lord.


2 comments:

Chimaobi said...

Amazing. This is a good topic to start the year with. Thank you Johnstone.

Johnstone Kpilaakaa said...

Thanks for reading, Chimaobi.

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.