Friday 28 September 2018

Bear With Me!

" We would willingly have others perfect and yet we do not amend our own faults"
~ Thomas Kempis
As I was pondering on Thomas' words, I came across Galatians 6; Saint Paul,  wrote extensively on bearing with one another. 
Often times, we are quick to lash rash judgements on someone's mistake. We act this way because, we feel that we're beyond such mistakes but see what Apostle Paul said, "brethren, if man be overtaken in a fault... restore such one... considering thyself, lest thou be tempted". So, encouraging someone who has fallen is of large benefit to us because it will teach us a lesson, since we don't have all the time in life to learn from our own experiences.
When we identify with a troubled fellow,  we don't just encourage ourselves but we also fulfill the law of Christ.
" Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfill the Law of Christ ".
Be patient in bearing the defects and infirmities of others, be they what they may; because you also have many things which others have to bear. As,  I pen down this words, I'm reminiscing on the many times I've wanted others to bear with me but didn't do same.
Most times our mistakes are good in our own eyes; for instance, when I'm done with my blog drafts and the proof reading, I don't see mistakes but when I give Pat to edit, she sees errors to correct; our eyes are often blind to our own mistakes, we can even go about boasting on our flesh and it's abilities.
" For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption ".
(Cf Galatians 6:8)
Why do you overlook your imperfections and focus on making others perfect?
We keep malice most times because of our inability to bear with others. Amid our inabilities God keeps saying " neither do I condemn you". If God doesn't condemn us, we also ought to follow his way of life. Doing good is a privilege ( See Galatians 6:10 ).

Is in giving that we receive! Make out time to give your time and resources to those that are in need.
" Bear with the faults of others, as you expect them to bear with you! "

No comments:

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.