Thursday 21 March 2019

Why Are You Worrying?


Anchor Scripture: Matthew 6 : 25 -34  (Please read through before you continue!)Girl, Sad, Film, Woman, Young, Portrait





I knew the title before the article. I trust God to help me with this. For me, I'm not worthy to write on this title because I'm one person that worries a whole lot. If I get a call, that a family member or friend is ill, I get worried. If my bank account is showing red, I get worried. If my exam score is below expectation, I get worried and so much more.
I checked a result recently and I cried. My friend called and asked why I cried, if crying could change the score. After the call it occurred to me that I "wasted" my tears. I worried about what my mum was going to say, and after I told her the simple statement she made was " THANK GOD".
I had to asked God for mercy after our phone conversation.
Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Unhappy
 "Fear is inevitable, I have to accept that, but I cannot allow it to paralyze me."
Before now, I've read and heard a lot on "Not Worrying" or " Stop Over-thinking Stuff", many have told me, "Patricia Stop Worrying, just pray more" but then,  the work is squarely on me and I'm taking a leap with the help of the Holy Spirit to write on "WORRY NOT".
No matter how many people stand and preach to you not to worry; if you don't decide not to worry, it changes nothing my friend.

Matthew 6 v 27:
(NKJV)  "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?"
(NIV) "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "
(Amplified) "Which of you, by being anxious, can add one moment to his lifespan?"
(Good News) "Can any of you live a bit longer by worrying about it?"
 This is a question you and I should meditate on.
 Yes, I agree! We have a whole lot of stuff to get worried over, clothes, food, health, money, exams etc but Christ is telling us today in Matthew 6 v 33: 'But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you (NKJV)'

God has given us the solution! Seek first His kingdom!!
Someone said, "Nothing is out of control because God's in control"
I've sincerely made the decision to WORRY NOT, to always place everything at the feet of CHRIST. What about you?
My prayer for us today is for the grace to worry not.
Woman Sitting in Front of Macbook
"Your mind is your prison when you focus on your fear."
Share your ' Worry Story' with me in the comment box!

PRAYER:
O' Lord! Help me to always cast my cares on you, so that I'll  focus on seeking your Kingdom and Righteousness. Amen!

Blessings,

Okoko Patricia.
Jos, Nigeria.

2 comments:

Pekuk Anthony said...

What I noticed about myself is that, worrying makes me loose focus(spiritually and academically),loss weight and left me time wasted.Thank you for this article.

Johnstone Kpilaakaa said...

Wow! Thanks for reading and sharing your story.
I pray that God will strengthen you always.

All Rights Reserved ©Johnstone Terkuma Kpilaakaa 2020 . Powered by Blogger.